PES (Power & Energy) Chapter
The Power and Energy Society (PES) Chapter Austria connects professionals from Austria with the PES and IEEE worldwide network of electrical and power engineers. Since our energy system is evolving towards a more heterogenous, decentralized and more flexible grid, all related engineering and science disciplines are working together to bring "More Power to the Future".
- Learning new skills and technologies and gain information from others through conferences, committee participation, webinars, etc.
- Drive and understand standards and key technical issues
- Enabling members to build a network of professional colleagues for fast access, advice and problem-solving
- Gain and enhance mentoring, management and other professional skills.
Topics and Areas
Power system related topics like
- Analytic Methods for Power Systems
- Electric Machinery
- Energy Development and Power Generation
- Energy Storage and Stationary Battery
- Insulated Conductors
- Power System Instrumentation and Measurements
- Power System Operations, Planning and Economics
- Power System Planning and Implementation
- Power System Relaying and Control
- Substations Committee
- Surge Protective Devices
- Transmission and Distribution
- Smart buildings, loads and customers
- Intelligent Grid & Emerging Technologies
- Marine Systems
- Wind and Solar Power
Especially in the emerging technologies and intelligent grid the PES community is very active. From dedicated conferences to journals and to IEEE Smart Grid initiative.
The following activities have been organized by the chapter during the last couple of years:
- Modular software architecture and system testing in the process engineering sectors for producing green hydrogen | Lectures & Presentations
- Green hydrogen technologies for decentralized infrastructure solutions | Lectures & Presentations
- More Resilient Electric Grids Using Satellites Images and Artificial Intelligence | Lectures & Presentations
- Renewable Energy Technology Integration in Cyprus – An Overview | Lectures & Presentations
- Technologischer Fortschritt in der Isolierstoffprüftechnik im Spannungsfeld der Standardisierung | Lectures & Presentations
- Data-Driven Detection of Events in Distribution Power Systems | Lectures & Presentations
- Artificial Intelligence in Power Systems | Lectures & Presentations
- Time-Synchronized Monitoring and Power Quality Diagnostics for Power Distribution Systems | Lectures & Presentations
- Transactive Energy for Distributed Resource Integration | Lectures & Presentations
We appreciate your participation and volunteer work! From joining meetings, organizing events and technical tours to sponsoring - everything is welcome which helps our profession to fulfil its vision: "More Power to the Future". Get in contact with our officers if you have and question! You may also look at our LinkedIn page for further information.