IAS/PELS/IES (Industry Application Society, Power Electronics Society, Industrial Electronics Society) Chapter
The IEEE IAS/PELS/IES chapter (IEEE Austria Section) serves as a platform for all Austrian members of the industry application society (IAS), the power electronics society (PELS) and the industrial electronics society (IES).
Primary topic of interest of these societies are correlating with the disciplines from the field of electrical and electronic engineering. According to the constitution of each society the fields of interest are defined as follows:
Fields of interest IES:
- Theory and applications of electronics
- Instrumentation and computational intelligence to industrial and manufacturing systems and processes
Fields of interest IAS:
The advancement of the theory and practice of electrical and electronic engineering in
- Development, design, manufacture and application of electrical systems, apparatus, devices and controls to the processes and equipment of industry and commerce
- promotion of safe, reliable and economic installations
- industry leadership in energy conservation and environmental, health, and safety issues
- creation of voluntary engineering standards and recommended practices
Fields of interest PELS:
The development and application of
- power electronic systems and technologies, which encompass the effective use of electronic components
- the application of circuit theory and design techniques and the development of analytical methods and tools toward efficient electronic conversion,
- control and conditioning of electric power to enable the sustainable use of energy.
Joint Chapter Mission
The IEEE IAS/PELS/IES chapter (Austria section) offers all national members a platform for networking and training activities and opportunities through various lecture-based events. Furthermore, the chapter aims to foster the international networking experience via collaborating with national and international IEEE Chapter societies and IEEE conferences.
Supporting IAS/PELS/IES Joint Chapter Austria:
Any kind of support for the IAS/PELS/IES chapter (Austria section) is highly appreciated and of utmost importance if it comes down to event organization (conferences, technical lectures etc.). Every society or chapter fundamentally relies on the support of its members. Such support can range from (but not limited to) volunteering work, offering locations/meeting rooms etc. for future events, lab/guest tours and sponsoring.
Activities since Jan. 2020
The following events have been organized, hosted, co-hosted and supported by the chapter
- ADVANCES in ELECTRICAL MACHINES, DRIVES and VEHICLES | Conferences
- ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS during COVID-19 | Conferences
- SUSTAINABLE SMART CITY ONLINE CONFERENCE | Conferences
- Performance comparison: solar module-level power electronics vs. conventional string inverters | Lectures & Presentations (Hosted)
- Modular software architecture and system testing in the process engineering sectors for producing green hydrogen | Lectures & Presentations (Co-hosted)
- Green hydrogen technologies for decentralized infrastructure solutions | Lectures & Presentations (Co-hosted)
- More Resilient Electric Grids Using Satellites Images and Artificial Intelligence | Lectures & Presentations (Co-hosted)
- Aktuelle Entwicklungen auf dem Gebiet der induktiven Ladesysteme für Elektro- und Hybridfahrzeuge | Lectures & Presentations (Hosted)